Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Science (M.R.Sc)
Humanitarian ideas had crept into mankind long ago when charity, pity and compassion were theinstruments of yeoman service to the disabled. One in every ten of the world's population suffers fromsome disability and a large proportion of them need specialised services in the process of prevention,Early detection, Intervention, Integration and Rehabilitation. Though services were available, professionalism in rendering service was found to be lacking, which demanded the need in inceptionof innovative programmes. Keeping this in mind the Institute of Health Sciences, started this joboriented professional training programme serve the disabled population.
For admission to M.R.Sc course under IHS, the applicant must have:
- A graduate degree from a recognized University with a strong interest in serving the disabled.
- Preference will be given to B.R.Sc., (Bachelor of Rehabilitation Science) / B.M.R./ B.Sc. SpecialEducation / B.Ed. Special Education / B.S.W.
- Bachelor's degree in Social work, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dental Surgery or MBBS can also takeadmission in this programme.
After completing the course students can work as
- Rehabilitation officer
- Counsellor at various government and non-government organisation
- Clinician at GO, NGO in India and abroad
The course of study for M.R.Sc. is a 2 years master degree course. The course comprise of Theory,Practical's, Field Placement, Block Placement, field work training and a Project/Dissertation in the field ofstudy. Students will learn about all the areas of disability - Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, MentallyRetarded and Loco motor Disabled and Multi Disabled, in addition to the other papers. This is supported byclassroom lectures, demonstrations, seminars, workshops, journal clubs, conferences, field visits, teaching practice and practical. Practical sessions are supervised by clinical supervisors and guided by the faculty.The course content is continuously updated with the latest trends by the direction of RCI, New Delhi.
- Assessment and Testing
- Social Work Techniques in the Rehabilitation of the Disabled
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Learning Disability
- Rehabilitation Case Work and Counselling
- Management of Cerebral Palsy
- Special Paper I - Rehabilitation for Persons with Visual Impairment
- Special Paper II - Rehabilitation for Persons with Hearing Impairment
- Special Paper III - Rehabilitation for Persons with Mental Retardation
- Special Paper IV - Rehabilitation for Persons with Locomotor Disability
- Social Group Work in Rehabilitation
- ID1 - Group Dynamics
- Special Paper II Low Vision (Practicum)
- Special Paper II Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Special Paper III Total Communication and Assistive Technology (Practicum)
- Special Paper IV Autism
- Project Management
- Id2 - Family and Child Care
- Multi Disabled
- Capacity Building for Rehabilitation Professionals (Practicum)
- Financial Management in organizations for the Disabled
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Administration of Rehabilitation Programmes
- Project, Field Work & Placement
- At the end of the second year each student will have to submit a
- project / dissertation.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
The M.R.Sc. course is of two years duration.
Minimum 50 % marks are essential in all courses for passing in the programme
FACILITY AVAILABLE Trained faculty
- Trained faculty
- Model Centre for Children with Special Needs
- Beautiful campus
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Career counselling
- Exposure to multi modal approach for rehabilitation of children
- with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Field Visit and placement at various organisations.
4.5 lahs for 2 years including hostel and accommodation
3 lakhs without hostel &accommodation
Different head of expenses covered for the academic program include following:
- Tuition Fee
- Practice fee
- Clinical fee
- Library fee
- Examination fee
- Development fee
- Hostel & accommodation charges
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Internet Facility
* The transportation cost for non-boarder students shall be Rs. 15000/- per annum which may change depending on the market conditions
- Duration 2 Years
- Intake 100
- Hostel Availbale Yes
- Semestar 4