Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
It is a science, linked to healthcare profession, which views human movement as central to the health and wellbeing of individuals.Physiotherapists identify and minimize movement disorders, developed potential through health promotion, prevent healthcare, treatment and rehabilitation. Physiotherapists deal with the treatment of different diseasescondition by various physical agents like manual or manipulative therapy and therapeutic use and pplication of electro physical modalities.
Exercise deals with the treatment of disease conditions relating to neurological diseases and damages, orthopedic condition like chronic muscular disorder, back pain, neck pain, cervical spondylitis , respiratory care, cardiovascular rehabilitation, syndromes of cerebral dysfunction , gynecological condition, post trauma, sports injuries and special needs of the sports persons.
For admission to BPT course under IHS, the applicant must be:
- Age limit - 17 to 21 years as on 1st July. ( Relaxation in age as per Government. Rules) Gender- Both boys & girls can apply.
- Qualification - Minimum +2 Science (12th standard or Higher Secondary School Certificate from any recognized board or university) with physics, chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.
- The applicant should have 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Those, whose results of qualifying exam are awaited, can also apply.
- The applicant shall face an Aptitude Test and shall be admitted on the basis of the test/interview.
Physiotherapist can work in hospitals, medical colleges, private clinics, and rehabilitation establishments and ?tness center. They can also teach in medical colleges and engage themselves in research in order to enhance their credibility. They deal with patients having medical conditions like orthopedic disorder, Neurological Disorder, Cardiothoracic disorder, Sports and Trauma Injuries. They also deal with pediatric cases, geriatric conditions, facilitates painless child birth and much more.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course is recognized by the Government of Odisha and after completion of the course the degree will be awarded by the Utkal University. The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four and half years course, which consists of both medical and professional subjects. The course commences in the month of July. There will be total 8 semesters each followed by a University examination.
- Psychology and Sociology
- Exercise Therapy
- Section A: Exercise Therapy-II
- Section B: Electro Therapy-II
- Environmental Sciences
- Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology
- Section A: Pathology, Microbiology
- Section B: Pharmacology
- Bio-mechanics, Kinesiology and Bio-engineering
- Community Medicine
- Section B: Cardiology and Work
- Section B: Paediatrics
- Physiotherapy in Cardio Pulmonary conditions
- Section A: PT in Cardiovascular conditions
- Section B: PT in Pulmonary Conditions
- Physical diagnosis & physical ?tness.
- Physiotherapy in Surgicalconditions
- Surgery- II (Ortho and Neuro Surgery)
- Rehab Sciences
- Alternative Medicines
- Professional Management and Ethics
- Research Methodology, Bio-statics and Introduction to Computer sciences
- Physiotherapy in Neurological Conditions
- Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal conditions
- Project based on Research
- Methodology and bio-statistics
TERM AND EXAMINATION
The course commence in the month of July. There will a short mid- term puja vacation and summer vacation at the end of academic year. The students have to work half of summer vacation period in the clinic and take leave of the other half. There will be 8 semesters BPT examinations. The rules and the examination pattern may change from time to time depending on the university guidelines and decision of the government.
CAREER OVERVIEWS AFTER BPT
The recent advancement in technology has turned the rehabilitation science into a high-tech medico rehabilitative discipline. The rehabilitation and health sciences have great career prospects within the country as well as abroad after the successful completion of the course. The students after completing their Bachelor's in Physiotherapy can opt for higher studies for both in India and abroad. They can to their specialization (Post Graduation & PhD) in Orthopedics, Neurology, Sports Medicine, Rehabilitation, Cardio-Thoracic and Pediatrics etc.
Six months internship shall be at recognized hospitals, medical establishments and rehabilitation centers
8 lakhs for 4 years & 6 months including hostel and accommodation
5 lakhs without hostel & accommodation
Different head of expenses covered for the academic program include following:
- Tuition Fee
- Practice fee
- Clinical fee
- Library fee
- Examination fee
- Development fee
- Hostel & accommodation charges
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Internet Facility
* The transportation cost for non boarder students shall be Rs. 15000/- per annum which may change depending on the market conditions.
- Duration 4 Years 6 Months
- Intake 40
- Hostel Availbale Yes
- Semestar 8