Master Degree in Yoga (MAY)
Preserving mental and physical health has become a big deal for modern society. People can't even make time to relax their minds and meditate. This challenge can't be resolved without the support of yoga professionals. They can aid in restoring the physical and mental balance of people of all ages with yoga. At present, yoga professionals are needed by the hour throughout the world to encourage people to develop the habit of yoga. Taking into account their need in our society, the Institute of Health Science has released a specialised master course on yoga. This will help in building the new generation of yoga instructors.
Candidates seeking admissions to Yoga courses have to fulfil the eligibility criteria as under:
- Any graduate degree or an equivalent from any recognized university.
- They should have secured a minimum 50% marks.
- No age bar and the selection will be based on merit.
M.A Yoga Syllabus
- Paper-1 Yoga Fundamentals and Yoga Sutra
- Paper-2 Elementary Sanskrit
- Paper-3 Sankhya and Advaita Vedanta
- Paper-4 Practical-I
- Paper-5 Practical-II
- Paper-5 Hatha Yoga Pradipika, GherandaSamhita
- Paper-1 Great Yogis of India, DhyanabinduUpanisad
- Paper-2 Naturopathy
- Paper-3 Ayurveda and Panchakarma
- Paper-4 Computer Applications, Communicative English
- Paper-5 Practical-V
- Paper-6 Seminar
- Paper-1 SrimadBhagvat Gita and Upanisad
- Paper-2 Verious methods of Yoga sadhana
- Paper-3 Practical-VI
- Paper-4 Research Methodology and Dissertation
- Paper-5 Practical vii
After completing ones education in this field, a student of yogic sciences will be certified to work as a Yoga Therapist, Gym Manager-cum-Instructor, Therapist, Yoga Trainer, Consultant Yoga Therapist, Panchakarma Therapist, Yoga teacher/lecturer in Government and private colleges and schools. For the Yoga professionals, there are several employment opportunities available both in the government and private sectors such as Ayush Ministry, Sports complex, Yoga centres, Fitness Centres, Corporate offices, Hospitals, Hotels and Resorts, community health care centres, Yoga and Naturopathy colleges and institutions, Government and private Universities, Non-Profit Organisations and etc.
3.10 lakhs for 2 years including hostel and accommodation
1.60 lakhs without hostel & accommodation
Different head of expenses covered for the academic program include following:
- Tuition Fee
- Practice fee
- Clinical fee
- Library fee
- Examination fee
- Development fee
- Hostel & accommodation charges
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Internet Facility
* The transportation cost for non-boarder students shall be Rs. 15000/- per annum which may change depending on the market conditions.
- Duration 2 Years
- Intake 100
- Hostel Availbale Yes
- Semestar 4